Frequently Asked Question
When starting the DICOM Viewer, the error "Modules initialization failure. Program will be terminated." appears, when you click the "Show details..." button, the error description appears: "See log for details."
- Open the log file of the Viewer. The default locations for the log file is:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Inobitec\Inobitec DICOM Viewer VERSION\Logs - for the log file.
The "Appdata" folder is hidden to go into it, enter the path in the address bar in Explorer, or configure the visibility of hidden and system files and folders
Linux (using Ubuntu as an example):
/home/USER/.local/share/Inobitec/Inobitec DICOM Viewer VERSION/Logs
The ".local" directory can be hidden to go to it, enter the path in the address bar in the file manager, or use the console. You can also configure the visibility of hidden files and folders in the system.
macOS (example 10.14):
~/Library/Application Support/Inobitec/Inobitec DICOM Viewer VERSION/Logs
USER is the user's name, and VERSION is the version of the DICOM Viewer.
- Find the line containing "sqlite database initialization error: library routine called out of
- If there is such a line, go to the "Solution" section, if there is no such line - contact the technical support service firstname.lastname@example.org.
This problem could occur due to corruption in the local storage or the Viewer's database file. Damage can be caused by errors with the drive (HDD, SSD), sudden or improper shutdown of the device, antivirus software, viruses.
To fix this error, follow these steps:
- Open the local storage location of the Viewer. Default locations:
For a program installed for all users:
USER - is the user's name.
If you do not know the location of the local storage, the path to it can be viewed in the Windows registry.
a) Open Registry Editor (type "regedit" without quotes in the Start Menu).
b) Browse to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Inobitec\DICOMViewer\General" (may differ depending on your operating system settings).
с) Find the parameter "Workspace_path", its value is the path to the local storage.
Remember this path.
- Create a temporary (or new permanent) directory for the local storage location, for example "D:\DICOM" (if your system has 2 or more logical drives).
Attention! Do not put local storage in the root of the drive, for example "C:\" - this can cause errors and problems with accessing to the local storage.
- After changing the path to the local storage, the Viewer can be launched without error, but there is no studies in the local storage because a new empty directory was created.
To move old studies to a new local storage, use the "Scan a folder for DICOM data" tool (search for studies in a folder).
Browse to your old local storage (step 1, section "C") and select the "ImageStorage" directory. All studies from this directory will start loading into the Viewer.
Attention! The process of opening a large number of studies can take a long time. Do not use this Viewer tab while processing files to avoid interrupting the import process. Do not close the program or turn off the device.
If you need to use the program during import, open a new tab (menu "File" - "Study list"). A new tab will open for work.
- After loading the list of studies, select all studies (keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A), click on the tool "Add selected studies to the Local Storage".
- After completing the process of adding studies to the local storage, you can delete the old storage (directory) by first checking that all studies are in the local storage in the Viewer.
- To transfer (moving) the local storage (if the current location does not suit you), use the move storage function. Menu "Options" - "Settings", "General" tab, "Move to..." button.